Paramé - Rothéneuf

Back Détails

Paramé - Rothéneuf

Back

Paramé - Rothéneuf

Saint-Malo

Comment

Advices (2)

A- | A+
  • ericlemalouin
    Notre Dame des Flots
    Vue magnifique. Endroit idyllique.
    16 Mars 2014
    4
  • ericlemalouin
    Villa saint Agnès
    Très belle maison. Dommage l'aile droite est close.
    16 Mars 2014
    5

Description

A- | A+

Paramé is the link between St Malo citadel and Rothéneuf, thanks to “la Grande plage”, bordering a beautiful 3 km-long beach of fine sand.
Formerly called “the garden of St Malo”, the town of Paramé, created in 1790, used to thrive for the most part on market gardening.
The rich shipowners had country houses and farms there. From 1850 onwards, the substantial growth of the summer population led to a major expansion on the whole seafront, linking Paramé to St Malo through the “Sillon”, which had been mostly industrial until then. The seaside resort was mainly developed between 1880 and 1911: 700 villas and about 50 hotels were built during this period.
Tourism was also encouraged thanks to the creation of two tramway lines:
the first one “St Servan - St Malo - Paramé” was in use between 1898 and 1949; and the second one “Paramé - Rothéneuf” between 1895 and 1914.
Like St Servan, Paramé became part of St Malo in 1967. While strolling along the sea wall you’ll discover a number of villas and other buildings that deserve some attention.

Rothéneuf
About 5 km from the historical quarter of Intra Muros, Rothéneuf is the starting point of the GR34, the coastal hiking path to Cancale and Mont Saint Michel Bay. A small sea village located on the town of Paramé, given the status of independent parish in 1866, Rothéneuf has developed around two centres: the Val and the Havre.
In 1880, La Tesserie family decided to turn the dunes that they had inherited from the Surcouf family into a new resort.
In 1921, the town of Paramé - Rothéneuf was granted the status of health resort.

Points d'intérêt

fr

Settings

Back

Settings

Back
Locate me
fr